Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Uncle Mario...

I heard my uncle Mario might be coming in town from New Orleans this week. My uncle Mario is my dad's older brother and the sibling to which he is the closest. My uncle Mario is the also the father of my closest cousin Anna (follow her blog here). It's no surprise that he also happens to be my favorite and closest uncle. My uncle moved with my parents and I to New Orleans when I was still in elementary school and continues to live there to this day. Since he was so near by us when I was growing up I have a lot of good memories of him. This is the uncle that I could open up to and would be there for me if I needed advice on typical "guy" stuff if my dad was not around. Although he has led an interesting and sometimes rough life (as have about 95% of my dysfunctional family) he has always been there to support me even when long amounts of time go by between our meetings. He has a big heart and loves his daughters and grand kids who live here in California. He shows the same love and support he showed me to my little brother and my niece, and goes out of his way to hang out with me when I go back home to Louisiana to visit family. Hopefully I get to spend some time with him if he ends up coming down this week. So just wanted to briefly talk about that. If I were to write about all the stories I have that include my uncle, I would never stop writing lol so in closing.... you are the man Tio Mario.

No comments: