Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Legal Disclaimer...

I recently received some information while doing some military training about the rules and regulations for a military member officially supporting and/or endorsing a presidential candidate for this year's election. It is no secret that I support Barack Obama as the candidate. That being said, I have to state that I am supporting/endorsing him as an individual citizen who has the right to do so, and not as a uniformed member of the Armed Services. Actually as silly as it sounds I think it is actually more clear declaring that I support Barack Obama as a member of the Armed Services and Military Veteran, but that officially this does not reflect the views and/or expressions of the United States Military. The only reason I even bring this up is because this is a blog that is open to the public which anyone that chooses to visit the site may view. There have been stories of reporters and bloggers coming out with generic statements such as "top military official endorses candidate" because an enlisted soldier or sailor stated they supported a candidate. This sounds extremely over the top and I am aware of this, but just want to cover my bases.

1 comment:

JR said...

i wanna see the info they gave you.... just goes to show how controversial this election truly is.