Friday, September 5, 2008

And Here We Go.....

Well here it goes. I feel like I have way to many things floating around in my mind so I've decided to begin blogging. Not very original I know, but I think it will serve the purpose of self therapy, meaning it will do me some good to get all my thoughts off my chest at the end of the day, and hopefully it will also be informative and entertaining to whoever out there takes the time out to stop by and view it. That being said, I'm staying positive and seeing it as a win-win.

Lately what has been on my mind has been mainly politically motivated. We are at a point in our country's history where we are at a crossroads and the nation could literally go in either of two completely different directions depending on the outcome of this election. This is why I think we should all get involved in some sort of politics, and it doesn't matter whether that be volunteering, organizing, attending events, donating money, or just watching the news and going out to vote in November. This is also regardless of your beliefs or political party; if you believe in it, stand up for it! I definitely lean to the democratic side, but that does not mean that I am closed minded and won't listen to the "other" side. I think this is the charactaristic that many people are lacking.

As I stated above, when I first got the idea of starting the blog, it was politically motivated. After some thought, I decided that is not the route I will take. Although it will definitely have ALOT of political posts, videos, links, etc...my interests stretch far beyond politics (which honestly can be too much sometimes lol). I am a HUGE sports junkie and with the baseball playoffs coming up, both professional and college football starting up, and basketball season around the corner, there will be much sports talk on here as well. Apart from this I can already see random thoughts being jotted down, funny videos, and silly things of that nature making itself past the cutting room floor and getting posted.

So thank you for taking the time to read this initial blog, and first of many, and I hope that this entertains, informs, stimulates, angers and/or energizes you in some way, shape or form as much as it will help me clear my mind. Remember....I'm still telling my self its a win-win.

No comments: