Monday, September 8, 2008

Football Season Is Upon Us...

So as stated on my initial post I am a self described "sports junkie", and at no time is it more evident then during football season. I live and die along with the ups and downs of my team, the New Orleans Saints. Admittedly, historically they have not been a team that has fared well and were known, and I use this word extremely loosely, lovingly, by fans as the Aint's for many years, they are my team. Luckily the past few seasons they have done well, getting one game away from the Super Bowl in 2006, and erasing the era of when fans would wear brown paper grocery bags over their heads with the eyes and mouth cut out and AINTS written across the forehead in black lol. In recent history they have also been a symbol of recovery and hope for the city of New Orleans, following the tragedy that was Hurricane Katrina, which left the city of New Orleans in disarray.

Anyway football season started this past week, and the Saints opened up the season with a 24-20 victory over their division rivals Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Great way to start the season! Up next are the Washington Redskins this coming Sunday, September 14. The game is at Washington and the Saints need to establish themselves this season as a team that can get it done on the road as well as at home.

I'll be going to the Raiders vs. Saints game in New Orleans on Oct 12, 2008. I can't wait. One of my good friends who is a die hard Raiders fan bought the tickets for us, so I will be flying out to New Orleans for that game. We do have a wager going on as well between the two of us. The loser must buy the winner a jersey of their choosing!!! So that's roughly a $69 plus tax wager. (That's replica jersey, because an authentic jersey is about $200, and NOT going to bet that on a regular season game). So needless to say, important game! I'll keep you posted on how the Saints and my wager are looking.

Speaking of wagers, if you are are interested in online sports betting this is a site I like to....um....glance at once in awhile. Not trying to encourage gambling, but its a good site. Last year some laws were put in place by the current administration (haha..here come the politics again) that makes it harder to bet on sports online, but this one is legit and legal in all states. Good luck with your bets.

No comments: