Thursday, July 2, 2009

Getting Ready And Feeling Good...

So I'm in the middle of finishing my last load of laundry I am doing before I head out to New Orleans for 8 days. Dusted my room, put away all my clothes, vacuumed, and organized my desk. I am going to start to pack tonight and finish up tomorrow. It's a good feeling to get all this done before I go on trips, because it is a great feeling coming home to a nice clean room and no pending household issues when I get back from my trip. I think I have everything I need and luckily I am going on a trip, where if I forget anything, I should be ok because I will be with family and not in a hotel like my usual business trips. I'll be rotating where I will be spending the nights while I am in New Orleans between my Dad's place, my Mom's place and my little brother's place. My brother is conveniently located between both my mom and dad's respective houses so I will prob spend the majority of the nights there. So my itinerary is going to pretty much consist of hitting up Bourbon Street, several restaurants, a Zephyrs game (minor league baseball!), possibly going to a water park (blue bayou in Baton Rouge), going bowling, seeing family, seeing friends and who knows what else. It has been 8 months since I last went back (November for my father's wedding) and feels like way too long. So apart from the weight loss contest we had with friends that I wrote about in previous posts, I have lost a total of 16.4 lbs in 8 1/2 weeks. Which means I can spoil myself a little on how I eat while I am out there. I am very proud of my success with the weight loss and am motivated to having my ideal weight in sight. I need to lose about another 8lbs and I will be at my ideal weight.

2 comments:

JR said...

heard its hot hot hot and super humid out there, oy.

J.O. said...

supposed to be crazy hot and humid. it was like 103 the other day but with the humidity it was like a heat index of 111. Supposed to be raining and 92 degrees one of the days im there, crazy! raining and 92!!!