Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's Good To Be Salvadoran...


So I went and ate pupusas with my cousin today and you have no idea how much joy this food brings to me (pupusas are a traditional Salvadoran food). A pupusa consist of a thick, hand-made corn tortilla that is stuffed with one or more of the following: cheese (queso) (usually a soft Salvadoran cheese called Quesillo), fried pork rind (chicharrĂ³n), refried beans (frijoles refritos), or queso con loroco (loroco is a vine flower bud from Central America). If anyone out there hasn't tried this dish before, I highly suggest you do. Especially if you are in the Southern California area as myself, because it isn't too hard to find a local pupuseria. The place I recommend is called Los Molcajetes (located at 5116 E. Beverly in East L.A.), although they now have multiple locations. Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think. Better yet, call me and I'll go with you. Tacos aint got S#*t on pupusas! lol

No comments: